Tendering My Resignation
Saturday, October 17, 2009 | Author: ::
For the past few weeks, I’ve been thinking about quiting my current job as a M&E Engineer in Jurutera Perunding **** ****. This was not an easy decision, however after serious thought and deliberate consideration, I have officially tendered out my resignation yesterday.

Recently, there were grapevine spread all around the office, mainly on employees' concern pertaining their low renumeration relative to their heavy work load. The growing dissatisfactions inside me had also reached a point where I was so persistent about resigning this time.

I will never ever whine over my work load, I promise, for he is the one who pay my salary. He scolded about anything that he thought was wrong, I'm okay with that. The time when I grumbled about the increasing work load, he still refused to take in new staff in view of cost-cutting, Im still okay with that. And needless to mention, the same cost-cutting ideology is what he is implementing to hold our increment. Well, at least I'm the only one who can tolerate on that.. But...

"How could you expect our salary to be stagnant at this point, when you are the only one who are driving big cc cars, and surprisingly, your cost-cutting just bought you a NEW CAR, just explain to me which part of cost-cutting that I missed," the question that burst out my anger in front of my boss.

I threw the question with no expectation to receive any kind of explanation/excuse from him. I was so sad. All this while Ive dedicated all my hard works to the company, yet the company deceived me. I felt so irritated to think how could he take chance of current economy condition against his own employees, those who serve his company. And I felt even more irritated to think how patient I have been for how long, while my boss is the only one who is busy making out money.

Surprisingly, he tried to diverted the issue by questioning my loyalty to the company. Haih, I might not be the most loyal person in the company, but rest assure I can be the most hardworking person you ever hired. How you want to define loyal or hardworking, your call! To me, no point you are loyal when you are so unproductive, being a lazy bumps sitting on your chair all day long doing nothing, doing the same thing for 10 years down the line, now that's loyal!

It didn't take long before I decided to draft my letter of resignation. I tendered out my resignation the next day. I understand, changing jobs in this time of uncertainty could kill my financially and emotionally, but i would take the chance rather than serve a company which I already doubt their capability to commit welfare to their employees.

My employment termination is preceded by 1 month notice, effective immediately. My tenure in this company will end on 15 November 2009.
|
This entry was posted on Saturday, October 17, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: